People used for labor or sex at the profit of another, is slavery. What will YOU do to see it end?
OCC offers a variety of opportunities to engage your passions, professions and skills to work on prevention, intervention and healing for human trafficking victims both locally and abroad. Whether you are new to the trafficking issue or have been around for a while, we want to encourage you to engage. We know it can feel overwhelming, but hope to provide the following as an easy way to take a next step:
EDUCATE: (See Resources Below)
- Start reading and learning!
- Watch a related documentary or movie
- Read up on organizations working
- Start sharing with others what you are learning!
- Think of 2-3 friends or family members you can share with.
- Show up to something. Come to a trip debrief night, attend a training, or meet a ministry team member for coffee.
- Donate toward the cause and invite others to participate as well.
- Join an Short Term Team to Thailand. See when the next Redlight Outreach is scheduled for HERE.
- Business Leaders – Consider using your experience to develop curriculum, offer training, provide coaching and structure, start small businesses, etc. For information on how to engage with our partner organization, contact
Books To Educate
Documentaries To Empower
- Born Into Brothels
- Call + Response
- Not for Sale: the Documentary
- The Day My God Died
Movies To Inspire
- Slumdog Millionaire
- Memoirs of a Geisha
Websites Worth Exploring
Websites To Challenge
Serve the World team helping set slaves free in Pattaya, Thailand