- Sunday: 9am & 11am
- Sunday: 9am & 11am
Bring your lawn chair and JOIN US this Sunday at 9am OR 11am as we gather together for in-person Sunday services OUTSIDE on OCC's front lawn/plaza (see what it's like).
NO RESERVATIONS REQUIRED. We'll be together, WATCHING the video feed from OCC's Worship Center. So, YES! Things will be somewhat DIFFERENT - but we wanted to try something new for August - OUTDOORS - while we can!
Here's some additional IMPORTANT information:
1) Why can't we experience Sunday Services in the large Worship Center (while wearing masks and physically distancing)?
Because we still need to balance the worship experience for our significantly larger, online congregation with the needs of our smaller in-person congregation, we're opting to continue using the Worship Center as a "studio" for the time being - with the live video fed to outdoor TV monitors near OCC's front lawn. Also, with multiple cameras at the front of the Worship Center stage and no amplified audio, the experience is less than ideal right now (SEE for yourself).
2) Masks are still required even though we're outside through August?
Yes - so PLEASE bring one. It's a key requirement for everyone right now (not just for churches). That link also explains who is exempt from wearing a mask. You can see what the Sunday Outside experience is like HERE.
3) Can we sing together?
Yes, as long everyone is wearing a mask.
4) Are masks required during the sermon too?
Yes. As long as we're on the OCC campus (and almost anywhere in public right now in WA State), we're required to wear a mask.
5) Will I get to sit with my family, or do we have to remain six feet apart while outdoors?
People from the same households (aka: herds) certainly can sit together, and don't have to remain six feet apart. For all other interactions however, we are encouraged by health officials to wear masks and remain physically distant (6' apart) while talking/interacting. Please BRING A LAWN CHAIR for yourself (and your household).
6) So, no handshakes, hugs or high-fives?
Correct! Air hugs and elbow bumps should be AOK.
7) What about Sunday KidTown and Student Ministries programs?
For now, they'll mostly remain online. Our teams will communicate whenever in-person events are planned (following required health guidelines).
8) Can someone pray with me after the service?
Yes! We plan to have Prayer Team members and pastors available outside the front (west) entrance of the church following the 9am service to pray with anyone requesting prayer (masked, and socially distanced of course :-).
9) What about a Sunday handout (aka: bulletin) and Connection Cards? For now, the best way to stay connected is to subscribe to OCC's twice weekly emails and to download OCC's app. The app along with OCC.ORG offer links to our services, resources, options for electronic giving and more.
10) Is there assigned parking?
As long as we're all observing physical distancing (i.e. staying six feet or more apart), we can park wherever we'd like.
11) What about Central Cafe' and complimentary Sunday coffee? We WILL offer you a cup of complimentary coffee outside OCC's front (west) entrance on Sundays! Central Cafe will not be open just yet.
12) What OTHER precautions is OCC taking?
While most all of OCC's ministries have moved online, a few essential ministry programs (like Safe Parking, showers, food, etc.) are happening in the building. Most all staff members are working remotely whenever possible. Staffers are only allowed to serve in the building, or with other OCC ministries, if they are healthy and exhibiting no viral symptoms. We also have additional hand sanitizers throughout the building and our Facilities Team is following additional cleaning and disinfecting procedures when rooms are used.
13) Does OCC need Sunday volunteer help? For now, we're using just OCC staff, primarily because staff members don't have to be included in the allowable headcount for our gatherings; but, ultimately, YES! We love our OCC volunteers and can hardly wait to be serving alongside you again.
THANK YOU for your ongoing prayers as we work to bring the OCC Family back together for Sunday services, while following the latest health/safety guidelines. Questions? Please and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.